Loggerhead -- trying to set up an instance

Russel Winder russel.winder at concertant.com
Thu Jun 25 08:48:10 BST 2009

John,

Thanks for responding so quickly with positive suggestions, that is much
appreciated.

On Thu, 2009-06-25 at 16:48 +1000, John Ferlito wrote:
[ . . . ]
> So I'm using 1.10 from the bzr ppa
> https://launchpad.net/~bzr/+archive/ppa
>
> It comes with an init script so it automatically starts at reboot.

I think I must be using the same as the Bazaar PPA is in my
sources.list.  I think I must be failing to read the aptitude entry
though as it doesn't appear to tell me where the deb file came from.

> I setup entries in /etc/loggerhead.conf that look something like
>
> [project]
>     name = 'Project'
>     cachepath = '/srv/bzr/.bzr/loggerhead-files/project'
>     auto_publish_folder = '/srv/bzr/devel/project'
>     url_prefix = 'bzr://bzr.team.project.com/devel/project'

I initially tried:

        title = 'Russel\'s Bazaar Branches'
        log.roll = 'weekly'

                name = 'The ADS Library'
                cachepath = '/home/users/russel/Loggerhead/ADS'

                       folder = '/home/www/www.russel.org.uk/html/Bazaar/ADS'
                       description = 'The ADS Mainline Branch'
                       url = 'http://www.russel.org.uk/Bazaar/ADS'

based on information in the example file (which appears to be in the
installation twice, once
as /usr/share/doc/loggerhead/loggerhead.conf.example and once
as /usr/share/doc/loggerhead/examples/loggerhead.conf.example, so I
guess there is a deb configuration issues there).

This just gives me a white page.

Based on your email I tried:

        title = 'Russel\'s Bazaar Branches'
        log.roll = 'weekly'

                name = 'The ADS Library'
                cachepath = '/home/users/russel/Loggerhead/ADS'
                auto_publish_folder = '/home/www/www.russel.org.uk/html/Bazaar/ADS'
                url_prefix = 'http://www.russel.org.uk/Bazaar/ADS'

But got the same result.  I am fairly confident (based on the fact that
serve-branches works fine and there are a lot of working Loggerhead
installations out there) that I am doing something trivially wrong, and
that when what it is is known I will look very foolish.

I haven't got to setting up Apache yet, I am still trying to get a
manually "start-loggerhead -f" to do the right thing.  But your proposal
looks a lot easier than the other one.  I suspect there needs to be a
Loggerhead wiki on which stuff like this can be put.

Thanks again.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      Partner
                                            xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk
Concertant LLP        t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,   f: +44 8700 516 084   voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
London SW11 1EN, UK   m: +44 7770 465 077   skype: russel_winder