Visual Studio integration

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at canonical.com
Wed Jun 24 09:22:09 BST 2009

I've spent a few hours today learning Visual Studio from a hard-core
Windows developer and getting my head around VSS and Team Foundation
Server. I could say a lot but I'll keep it short and polite - ho hum.

We talked a lot about Bazaar's view of the world, how it differs from
the MS offerings and what good integration with Visual Studio would look
like. We fired up Bazaar Explorer and got lots of positive comments,
e.g. about how qdiff and qlog are much nicer than what VS offers. Well
done the QBzr team! We also ran into the usual warts - multiple steps
because of shared repositories, etc. Nothing that can't be solved fairly
 easily though.

Are there many VS studio users in the Bazaar community? If so, what are
the important things you're looking for in VS integration? Functionality
and design wise, is there a "gold standard" source control integration
offering (VisualSVN say?) that we ought to meet and exceed?

Ian C.