selftest prompts for ssh password ??

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Wed Jun 24 06:24:12 BST 2009

2009/6/24 Maritza Mendez <martitzam at gmail.com>:

> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 12:26 AM, Vincent Ladeuil <v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr>
> wrote:
>>
>> Another thing you can try: Ctrl-\ should drop you under the
>> python debugger, from there issuing 'bt' will show you a
>> backtrace that may help us understand what happens.
>>

> I am attaching a very small backtrace obtained by hitting ctrl-\ at the
> point where
>
> bzr selftest test_http.TestActivity.test_get
>
> is stalled.  The backtrace would seem to implicate ssl.  I just found this
> result and need to start digging into it...

It looks like it's stalled waiting for the ssl server to respond,
which is interesting because it indicates it is listening.  I don't
recall if pdb has a way to get a backtrace of another thread, but that
might tell you more about what's going on there.  ssl the first thing
that's actually sent across the socket so it probably means nobody's
home.

It's possible that if the server thread exited the socket would not be
collected because the process as a whole still has a connection to it.
 I'm not sure if we detect when it exits.  We could try putting a
top-level try/except in the server thread function that does something
drastic like exiting the whole process.

Also if we fixed the other bug of having a timeout for network
connections we could cause this to actually fail not just hang, which
would be an improvement.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>