reassigning a tag

Darren Dale dsdale24 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 15:38:59 BST 2009

Hello,

I have a question about reassigning tags. This morning I tagged by project
0.5b4 and pushed to launchpad, and then I noticed that __version__ in
__init__.py was still set to 0.5b3. So I make the correction, run "bzr tag
--delete 0.5b4 && bzr tag 0.5b4". Now when I push and pull, I get a
conflicting tags report for 0.5b4. Could anyone explain why, and what the
proper procedure would have been? I ended up having to delete my 0.5b4 tag
entirely and bump my revision to 0.5b5 and tag that in order to silence the
conflict report.

Thanks,
Darren