[ANN] Bazaar Explorer 0.3 now available

Russel Winder russel.winder at concertant.com
Mon Jun 22 09:10:03 BST 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-22 at 11:50 +1000, Ian Clatworthy wrote:
> On behalf of the Bazaar Explorer developers, I'm pleased to announce the
> availability of our first public release, 0.3. This version is suitable
> for early adopters and others comfortable with running into bugs and
> rough edges. Bazaar Explorer runs on GNOME, KDE, Windows and OS X.
>
> For an overview of the major features, some screenshots and download
> instructions, please visit our home page, http://bazaar-vcs.org/BzrExplorer.

Great news, well done the Bazaar Explorer crew, and especially yourself
for kicking this off.

A few questions:

--  Does Bazaar Explorer replace the nascent QBzr desktop that never
really got off the ground?

--  Will Olive-GTK be replaced by Bazaar Explorer?  On the one hand
combining what little effort is available into one direction helps
progress.  On the other hand having two gently competing systems helps
progress.

--  How does this fit with the work on TortoiseBzr? (If at all?)  I
haven't heard much on TortoiseBzr recently -- not that this matters to
me personally as I am Ubuntu, with a bit of Mac OS X and Solaris, but
the majority of users will almost certainly be Windows users.

--  Is anyone working on integration of Bazaar with Nautilus?  (I am
guessing there is a similar question to be asked for KDE as well as
Gnome?)

Thanks.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      Partner
                                            xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk
Concertant LLP        t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,   f: +44 8700 516 084   voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
London SW11 1EN, UK   m: +44 7770 465 077   skype: russel_winder