update branch at rev 2229

Richard Wilbur richard.wilbur at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 02:07:58 BST 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-19 at 09:24 +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
> 2009/6/19 Richard Wilbur <richard.wilbur at gmail.com>:
> > Thanks for the suggestion Martin.  I downloaded the source package from
> > the PPA (still 1.15-1, I see) and built the binary powerpc package as
> > follows.  Where should I put it to make it available to others?
>
> Probably the easiest thing right at the moment would be to put it into
> the download files in <https://launchpad.net/bzr/+download> because
> you just need a Launchpad account to put it there.  (Send me your
> account name and I'll give you access.)
My Launchpad account name is 'richard-wilbur'.

> Eventually it would be nice to put it into either a separate apt
> archive, or the main ppa.
I agree.

> If you have a server of your own and can host the archive that would
> be easy.
I don't have a server of my own online right now and am on vacation till
the middle of next week, but I need to get one set up.

> It would be nice if there was a way to inject binary debs for other
> architectures into the PPA.  I don't know if that's at all possible.
I have wondered about this before as I backported a fix for a different
Ubuntu package that specifically affected the powerpc architecture and
would like to have posted the fixed binary.  Instead, I attached the
binary package to the bug and nominated it for a maintenance release of
Hardy LTS.

> Or, we could put up an archive for other architectures on the Bazaar
> web site somewhere.

These all sound like decent suggestions.  I am interested in what
solution you decide to use.