update branch at rev 2229

Richard Wilbur richard.wilbur at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 23:42:01 BST 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-16 at 23:51 +0200, Gary van der Merwe wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 11:45 PM, Richard
> Wilbur<richard.wilbur at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am using bzr from Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04.2 (LTS).
> > $ /usr/bin/bzr --version
> > Bazaar (bzr) 1.3.1
> >
> > Now I am ready to try and get the rest of the changes but 'bzr update'
> > claims both branches are up-to-date and 'bzr pull bzr.dev' claims it
> > can't understand the branch format from bazaar-vcs.org.  How would you
> > suggest I bring my branches up-to-date?
>

> You could install a new version of bzr from the ppa
> (https://launchpad.net/~bzr/+archive/ppa .)
>
> Add :
> deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/bzr/ppa/ubuntu hardy main
> to apt sources.

I am running on a PowerPC (PPC) processor so the fact that the bzr
package name doesn't end in '_all' disqualifies it in the eyes of my
package manager.  (Since PPC went from supported architecture to
community-supported port a while ago, and Launchpad only builds for
supported platforms, there is no bzr_1.15-1~bazaar1~hardy1_ppc.deb in
the PPA.)

I would expect that this is a packaging bug as it shouldn't make any
difference for Python code.  I see bzr-gtk and bzrtools but they are
grayed out as I expect they depend on bzr.

Is there something architecture dependent in bzr these days?