[rfc] bencode unicode strings

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Tue Jun 16 13:39:01 BST 2009

>>>>> "bialix" == Alexander Belchenko <bialix at ukr.net> writes:

    bialix> Actually this is what I'm planning to implement for QBzr.
    bialix> My first mail was (bad) attempt to ask is there interest for such
    bialix> thing in the core, because of Vincent' suggestions about
    bialix> different common things. If not -- then not.

There is interest.

But as you said yourself:
- bzr-gtk uses utf-8,
- bzr itself uses utf-8,
- Qt requires Unicode.

So a shared version will need to encode its data in utf-8 and
qbzr being an interface between Qt and bzr will need to handle
the Unicode <-> utf-8 conversions.

This especially important for persistent data but also for shared
data.

        Vincent