bzr-svn tests on Windows

Russel Winder russel.winder at concertant.com
Mon Jun 15 08:28:12 BST 2009

On Sun, 2009-06-14 at 21:19 +0200, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> Now that bzr-svn 1.0 is approaching, I'd like to make sure that it works
> ok on all platforms. Is there anybody interested in helping out getting
> the bzr-svn testsuite to pass on Windows? Even sending me the output of
> "bzr selftest svn" on Windows with the latest bzr-svn snapshot installed
> should be a big help.

Surely Canonical have a CI farm for their strategic products? (Of which
Bazaar is clearly one.)

I think what this really shows more than anything is that Bazaar (and
indeed all Canonical-driven projects) needs a complete set of CI servers
that everyone knows about:

	Linux 32-bit (presumably Ubuntu)
	Linux 64-bit (presumably Ubuntu)
	Mac OS X 32-bit
	Mac OS X 64-bit
	Solaris 10 32-bit
	Solaris 10 64-bit
	Windows 32-bit
	WIndows 64-bit

It sounds as though if it exists, members of the core Bazaar team are
not aware of it.  If it doesn't exist then it should, can I suggest by
next week.  (If Canonical cannot afford to go out and buy 8 machines and
create a Buildbot farm to support their strategic products then it is
time to think of bailing -- no CI, no confidence.)

(Apologies if there is such a farm already, then the moral is, it needs
greater publicity.)

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      Partner
                                            xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk
Concertant LLP        t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,   f: +44 8700 516 084   voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
London SW11 1EN, UK   m: +44 7770 465 077   skype: russel_winder