CHK nodes and check

Robert Collins robert.collins at canonical.com
Mon Jun 15 00:04:17 BST 2009

currently check cannot [reliably] autodetect the format of CHK nodes.
This is because each node can be either a parent-basename map node or a
fileid-entry map node.

Its possible to change check to keep a lookaside set listing where nodes
came from to allow them to be processed properly regardless, but it
would be more robust if we identified all the content in the CHK pages
such that they can be scanned without the higher level nodes being
present. This is [obviously] a format change.

While its not mandatory to do this for 2.0, I think it would be better
to do it...

-Rob