bzr-svn / qbzr issue with qlog

Gary van der Merwe garyvdm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 16:29:56 BST 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Russel
Winder<russel.winder at concertant.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-06-11 at 16:39 +0200, Gary van der Merwe wrote:
> [ . . . ]
>> qlog currently does look for a branch named trunk or bzr.dev. I would
>> like to make this configurable.
>
> It at least need to recognize Trunk and TRUNK if it recognized trunk.

Agree - I'll fix this. Please will you check that is you  rename the
branch to 'trunk' that it works?

>> It then sorts the branches by the time stamp of the tip revision.
>
> I am not sure about this.

I'm sure that this what has happened in this screen shot. The tip of
trunk according to
http://fisheye.codehaus.org/changelog/~br=gant%3Atrunk/gant is 10 June
2009, 14:19:08, which is newer that the tip of 1.6.x. So qlog (because
it has not detected a trunk branch) tries to show the tip of trunk
nearer to the top the the tip of 1.6.x This is what is causing trunk
to be displayed as a branch, and not the mainline.

> It seems though that qlog is taking a viewpoint based on order in a list
> of the branches being processed.  Where a directory is given the order
> appears to be lexical of all the branches available.  By specifying that
> list explicitly on the command a correct representation of history is
> presented.

No. That's not the case - unless you have a very old copy of qlog.

> It seems therefore that qlog needs a mechanism for specifying
> information about the relationship of the branches in a shared
> repository -- should there be one of course, there is no guarantee that
> branches in a shared repository are actually related.

This is the type of thing I would like qmain to be able to do.