[RFC] make -n0 the default for log -or- make annotate and similar commands calculate merged revs

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jun 10 14:59:04 BST 2009

Andrew Cowie <andrew at operationaldynamics.com> writes:

> [my understanding of --author is that it is for the rare case when you
> accept a .patch from someone who for some reason only submitted a diff
> and didn't send you a proper bundle of Bazaar revisions. We're long past
> the point where that's acceptable, so ongoing use of --author would seem
> be likely to diminish]

Why would it *ever* stop being acceptable to send a plain unified diff?
They're still by far the most portable way to send patches, and Bazaar
reads them fine.

Why should contributions readable by Bazaar be rejected merely because
they weren't made using Bazaar?

--
 \          “Pity the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.” —Donald |
  `\                                              Robert Perry Marquis |