1.16 Release

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Tue Jun 9 10:06:14 BST 2009

    martin> 2009/6/9 Vincent Ladeuil <v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr>:
    >> But, we also talked about versioning these files directly in
    >> bzr.dev which would address the above problem and make it easier
    >> to build C extensions without requiring pyrex[1].

    martin> Let's do it, and then make the build just fail if they're not there.

Rhaaa, I forgot to mention the most important point :-(

So, we don't have a strict policy regarding the required pyrex
version. The pyrex files themselves are not heavily modified so
the C files shouldn't change a lot either *iff* we stick to one
pyrex version when committing such changes.

The questions are:

- should we chose the pyrex version as proposed by the
  Ubuntu-du-jour at the the time of the release ?

- will pqm try to rebuild its own versions or not ?

I know John invested quite some time on the subject so his
feedback is highly desired :)

But from there I'd be happy to do the related changes if our RM
can't.

  Vincent