1.16 Release

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Tue Jun 9 09:24:09 BST 2009

>>>>> "martin" == Martin Pool <mbp at sourcefrog.net> writes:

<snip/>

    martin> It shows one bug currently needed for that release
    martin> <https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/380314> and also we need to
    martin> give brisbane-core a stable name.

It would be nice to address the problem of pyrex-generated files
too.

This is mostly a distribution problem but we already include the
C files in the tarballs. There was some minor problems with it
during 1.15 so the process may need to be made more robust.

But, we also talked about versioning these files directly in
bzr.dev which would address the above problem and make it easier
to build C extensions without requiring pyrex[1].

Thoughts ?

         Vincent

[1] For example, I don't have pyrex installed on OSX so I
generate the C files from an Ubuntu VM, delete the .so an
recreate them from the OSX side)..