bazaar 2.0beta format for launchpad release

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Tue Jun 9 09:21:32 BST 2009

2009/5/29 Martin Pool <mbp at canonical.com>:
> 2009/5/29 Ian Clatworthy <ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net>:
>> Martin Pool wrote:
>>
>>> To get there, we need to make a release for testing soon, I think
>>> perhaps a 1.15.1 when this patch is merged and then I'd like to
>>> dogfood it on Launchpad and Bazaar, and to encourage our active user
>>> community to try it too.  If you find problems, please do file bugs
>>> and target them to 2.0 or 1.15.1.
>>
>> I know I'm pushing my luck but can we put it in 1.16rc (2 weeks away?)
>> and include Jelmer's bencode revision stuff? That would help my
>> benchmarking and clear up some long-outstanding xml encoding issues that
>> stop clean round-tripping with other tools.
>
> Getting another win (and cleanup and some bug fixes) from bencode
> would be great; let's get that through review.   Let's get them merged
> then see what version number to call it.

bencode is merged to bzr.dev.  It still needs to get a stable format
name <https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/385103> (assigned to
me).

jml will be the release manager (see other thread) and will release
this on Thursday, which is pretty much the regular 4-week cycle.

> I think, per AfC's post, we need a 1.15.1 right away to fix the C files anyhow.

OK, so we don't yet have a 1.15.1, but we do have the right code in
the 1.15 branch and I expect Bob will release it pretty soon.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>