pbranches style plugin

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Fri Jun 5 09:17:59 BST 2009

Robert Collins <robert.collins at canonical.com> writes:

> On Mon, 2009-06-01 at 15:12 +0100, Adrian Wilkins wrote:
> > So, I looked at bzr-loom.
>
> Cool.
>
> I think what users really want is darcs :). And I have some thoughts
> about that that I will put in a separate mail, I think.

I'm looking forward to it.

I work with several Darcs enthusiasts who have tried to explain what it
is they like about the system, but its model of changes seems even more
intangible than Git and doesn't sound at all attractive.

If you can explain even part of the attraction of Darcs from a Bazaar
user's perspective, I'd be grateful.

> [selective, target-specified commit] is something loom wants to, and
> is [IMO] totally unrelated to whether a graph or stack of feature
> branches is maintained.
>
> Commit is getting very close to being able to do what I'd like it to
> here, quickly and simply. Its not quite there yet.

I hope to see more information about this too.

--
 \      “My roommate got a pet elephant. Then it got lost. It's in the |
  `\                              apartment somewhere.” —Steven Wright |