bzr-1.15final released

Bob Tanner tanner at real-time.com
Thu May 28 08:58:49 BST 2009

On May 28, 2009, at 2:30 AM, Martin Pool wrote:

> I think the policy is supposed to be that you can run 'make' in the
> source directory without the .c files, but you can't 'make dist'
> without them.  However, perhaps we should just remove the fallbacks,
> check in the .c files (as Robert recently suggested) and then require
> that you have pyrex if you change the files.

I did follow the releasing doc.

I issued a 'make dist' and a 'make check-dist-tarball' both succeeded.

Does something need to be added to the release doc or are you saying
removing the fallbacks should solve the issue?

> Actually installing from the tarball is supposed to fail unless you
> have a C compiler unless you pass --allow-python-fallback.

Meaning, even if the the pyrexified files are not in the tarball they
get created when installing from the tarball?

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>                 | Phone : 952-943-8700
http://www.real-time.com, Linux, OSX, VMware | Fax      : 952-943-8500