merging selective changes from merge directive patch file.

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Wed May 27 22:18:46 BST 2009

2009/5/27 Niben M Singh <niben_s at rocketmail.com>:
> Thanks John and Martin!
>
> This leads me to another question. If I am to merge a merge-directive (that may contain several change sets), is there an easy way to commit using the original comments and author? It seems after reviewing every patches, I need to add my own comments while committing and it will also list me as the author of the commit. I understand the log will show both, but it does not make sense to me to repeat the original comment while committing a patch after review.
>
> "bzr pull" does that but I can only use it when the branch has not diverged.
>
> How does PQM handle this?

Mainstream pqm I believe doesn't currently handle them, but it certainly should.

I believe you should be able to pull from a merge directive if it has
new revisions that can perfectly fit on the destination branch.  If
there's divergence you'll need to do the merge and reconcile (and
perhaps test or inspect it) yourself.  At the moment you then need to
make up your own message but it would be nice if the message and
author carried across.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>