Deleting a branch from a repository

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Tue May 19 12:16:10 BST 2009

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 08:47:59PM -0400, Olin Shivers wrote:
> Now... how do I reclaim the storage occupied by the deleted branch in the
> repo? Will "pack" do it?
>
>     % bzr pack
>     % du -sk .
>     131420	.
>
> Nope -- it doubles my storage, actually! Hmm... I don't think "pack"
> means what the bzr implementors think it means.

AFAIK bzr pack packs but also leaves the old pack files lying around,
for backup purposes (what if power goes out just after you wrote the
last new pack, and it fails to hit the disk?).

Marius Gedminas
--
Doing linear scans over an associative array is like trying to club someone to
death with a loaded Uzi.