New Bazaar Branches on Launchpad don't work

Russel Winder russel.winder at concertant.com
Mon May 18 16:02:34 BST 2009

> Why is Launchpad forcibly stacking branches?  I didn't ask for it and
> its fascism is stopping me from using Launchpad int eh way I am used to.

OK, this just gets worse.

The trunk gets stacked on by new branches (even though this was not
asked for or wanted) and this makes the stacked on branch not removable
even though Launchpad is failing to correctly report the actual state of
the trunk branch.

So Launchpad is interfering in two ways that stop any sane usefulness --
it insists on using stacking with no allowance of control from the
project owners AND it won't allow the project owners to delete
recalcitrant branches so they can be reinstated in a good state.

This is not reconcilable with my idea of a usable system.

I shall go and use Git for a while so I get really angry ;-)

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP          t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,     f: +44 8700 516 084    voip:  sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
London SW11 1EN, UK.    m: +44 7770 465 077    xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk