[RFC] proposed user doc for nested trees

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Tue May 12 13:59:35 BST 2009

Aaron Bentley пишет:
> Alexander Belchenko wrote:
>> Aaron Bentley пишет:
>>> No.  I don't plan any changes to branch references.
>> This means that nested trees will be pinned to the current place in the
>> filesystem forever.
>
> I don't think it means that.  branch references have almost nothing to
> do with nested trees, except that subtrees will be checkouts:
>
> http://bazaar-vcs.org/NestedTreesDesign#sub-branches

Aaron, I've faced with the non-relative branch references in my scmproj
plugin. I'm also used at the beginning similar scheme to your layout,
where actual nested components were lightweight checkouts of subbranches.

Once you will move entire nested construct in the filesystem all
lightweight checkouts will start to point to wrong location, because
lightweight checkouts are using absolute paths to their branches.

There is possible to "shit happens": user has moved old nested construct
to the other location and recreate fresh nested construct in the old
location. And then lightweight checkouts in the moved locations suddenly
will start point to the new nested construct.

Do you think this is the right behavior?