[RFC] Warn when doing slow pull/push because of difference in formats?

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Mon May 11 02:51:00 BST 2009

2009/5/11 Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net>:
> Didn't we do this in the past, and get negative feedback? Users often
> cannot fix the source to be better...

I think it's like this:

One cause of confusion was the rich-root divergence, and poor
explanation of what was happening, like having incompatible objects
with similar reprs.

There should be an option to turn the warning off per location.

If the transfer is going to be slow, you might as well say so clearly.
 Not necessarily "you should upgrade" because you may not be able to
but "I'm converting the data, this may be slower than otherwise."

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>