Forbid uncommits over the network

Lasse Kliemann lasse-list-bazaar-2009 at mail.plastictree.net
Fri May 8 16:34:43 BST 2009

* Message by -Jelmer Vernooij- from Fri 2009-05-08:
> Lasse Kliemann wrote:

> > The easiest would perhaps be to add a '--disallow-uncommit'
> > option, or such, to the Bazaar smart server.

> You can set the "append_revisions_only" setting in the branches' config
> to disallow revisions being removed from the mainline. This also
> prevents uncommits I think (or at least it should).

It appears so. Thanks for the hint!

Is there any official statement available that
'append_revisions_only' in fact closes all possible loopholes
through which existing revisions might be tempered with (provided
there is only network access via 'bzr serve' to the repository)?