launchpad milestones only for releases not rcs?

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Thu May 7 23:43:34 BST 2009

I was just wondering if there is much point having Launchpad
milestones (as bug targetting points) for release candidates as
opposed to the actual release.  If we're trying to fix something for
1.14 then we'll be trying to get it in the rc, and if it misses rc1
we'll be trying for rc2 or the final release.  Having a shorter list
is simpler.

There is the point that milestones have target dates, and if there is
only one for a release when would we put it?  On the other hand I
don't think we refer to the dates in Launchpad very often.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>