RFC: Communicating with users of trunk

Bob Tanner tanner at real-time.com
Thu May 7 08:48:26 BST 2009

On 2009-05-04 20:41:32 -0500, Robert Collins
<robert.collins at canonical.com> said:

> I don't think blogging is a good answer to this, because the point is to
> get rare, but important messages to all users of the product when a
> particular critical point is happening.

I'd like to vote for a blog.

For me a mailing list, low volume or not, means more email. Something
more that has to make it past the greylists, the anti-spam services,
the anti-virus services, and finally drop in my inbox.

And then I look around and I see 10 other guys I work with all on the
same mailing list, all dealing with the flood of email. That low-volume
email is at least on the mail server, probably in a personal folder, on
the mail server backup tapes, etc....

I'd much rather have a blog, use google reader to subscribe to it, and
read things via RSS.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>                  | Phone : (952 943-8700
http://www.real-time.com, Linux, OSX, VMware | Fax   : (952)943-8500