[MERGE] [BUG 363837] Catch _win32_delete_readonly failure to remove file or directory and try to recover

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue May 5 17:02:13 BST 2009

John Arbash Meinel writes:

 > So I don't have any good idea what the "Named" portion is useful for on
 > Win32, since it can't be used to actually *do* anything with the file.

foo = tempfile.NamedTemporaryFile(delete=False)

I don't know if that is useful in this case.  I guess there's still a
race, in that if Norton AV decides to walk that directory and examine
that file, you've been gotcha'd.  On the other hand, you can assume
that no user in their right mind will be sitting there clicking like
mad on a Word file dialog trying to open the file, so Maritza's
assumptions are much more likely to hold true.