How do you remove a remote branch?

John Szakmeister john at szakmeister.net
Mon May 4 16:04:17 BST 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Aaron Bentley <aaron at aaronbentley.com> wrote:

> John Szakmeister wrote:
>> Is there a way to do that from the command
>> line, short of ssh'ing into the box and removing it manually?
>
> There's no bzr command to remove branches, because they can simply be
> deleted.  Also, I think a lot of us prefer to never delete branches.

Wow.  Over the lifetime of a project, that could get onerous.
Especially if they aren't all under development.

> If you have an ssh server, you may be able to delete it over sftp, but
> that's basically the same experience as deleting over ssh.

The problem here is that it makes it difficult to setup a server, you
can only do Bazaar activities with.  For instance, I have a bzr user,
and upon ssh'ing into the box, it runs bzr_ssh_path_limiter.  So
neither of those options really works. :-(

Thanks for the information though!

-John