Better name for dpush wanted

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Apr 30 18:49:08 BST 2009

Jelmer Vernooij writes:

 > Reading this, it seems your main objection to this many commands is
 > particularly with "bzr help commands" not being usable.

That's the easiest effect to describe.  But I also find the command
proliferation confusing in some cases (I have yet to succeed in
creating a repo before the creating the branch that was supposed to be
the first branch in the repo, for example), some commands are badly
named (pull and clone), and there's rampant cart-horse inversion
centering around "discoverability".  Ie, you should have a command
because the user needs to be able to say "do this" and there's no good
way for an existing command to provide that function.  But instead
people are saying, "who cares if the command is needed to support the
feature?  Having the command makes the feature discoverable!"

I think with fewer commands the commands that remained would be better
designed.