TortoiseBzr

Maritza Mendez martitzam at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 14:35:40 BST 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 1:58 AM, Philippe Lhoste <PhiLho at gmx.net> wrote:

> Another bug report...
> I deactivated all overlay icons, as said loosing the useful command in the
> shell context menu.
> But I saw I still have tbzrcache running, eating a good chunk of memory
> (10MB is a lot on a 1GB machine with already hungry processes (Eclipse...)
> running) and a visible (but not so high) CPU time.
> I killed it and deactivated the shell extension (unusable anyway)
> (with regsvr32 /u tbzrshellext_x86.dll for those not knowing the
> incantation).
> With the overlay icons deactivated, I think the cache should be
> deactivated, unless it is used for other operations.

I saw the same behavior.  I think there might not be enough of us using bzr
on Windows yet to justify a robust tbzr.  Chicken and egg.  My own team is
currently considering a change in vcs.  I want bzr but we may choose svn
(strong support despite imperfect repeated merge and the while client-server
thing) or mercurial (despite the excuses they make for some "edge" cases).
No question bzr is technically superior.  But if technical was all that
mattered we would use git.  GUI matters and right now my team perceives svn
and Hg as the leaders.

I apologize for makign this sound like comp.os.vcs.advocacy.  I actually
love bzr right on the command line.  If I had time and skill to work on it,
believe me I would.

-M