[MERGE] Remove too-early checks for revisions adding unnecessary round trips, at the cost of actually reading revision data when pulling (because we currently don't have a hint as about whats local for fetch).

Robert Collins robert.collins at canonical.com
Wed Apr 29 05:25:54 BST 2009

We were querying the smart server multiple times when a single check
will suffice due to some 'shortcut' code paths. Those paths are much
less relevant for packs (partial index loading) and smart servers (no
VFS involved at all).

Removing them drops the round trips for pushing onto existing content
(which the stacked code path exercisses) lower.

-Rob