[RFC] bzr-upload documentation

marc gonzalez-carnicer carnicer.lists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 23:24:58 BST 2009

I had approached Emma directly asking for a usage question, but after
reading here I realize that I have had a problem interpreting both the
built-in documentation and the tutorial.

After reading, I've thought that the upload plug-in just uploaded a
pristine export of the repository. But after Emma response and some
emails I've found here, it appears that what is uploaded is a working
tree. This is not what I was hoping for, I wanted to upload for
example just say revision 8, and when I tried the -r the program tries
to upload the whole repository.

Since my website is already uploaded (it's a wordpress blog), I would
find useful that the plug-in had a command to inform the remote copy
about the latest revision uploaded, instead of forcing me to upload
everything. But my point here, is that the documentation can lead to
confusion since it does not talk about working trees and seems to
imply that a bzr-info-less is uploaded.

I'd suggest to add some comments like what the plugin does is like a
bzr push + export (I am not a seasoned bzr user, you may guess from
this sentence).