"bzr merge" doesn't work anymore?

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Mon Apr 27 15:11:19 BST 2009

Christian Tschabuschnig wrote:
> I recently upgraded from hardy to jaunty and therefore i now have bazaar
> 1.13.1. If i merge a single revision from another branch it now happens
> (not always, but most of the time) that bazaar doesn't "remember" that
> it did merge a revision but simply modifies the file. I think it's
> clearer if i give an example. In the attached file, where i entered "bzr
> stat" i'd expect something like "pending merges". Also in the
> revision-log there should be some hint, that this was a merge, not a
> mere edit! I didn't report this as a bug, since it seems unlikely that
> you would oversee "merge" not working. So where am i wrong?
> Christian

As Alexander mentioned, you are explicitly doing a cherrypick in this step:
tschaboo at hardy64:~/tmp/2$ cd ../1
tschaboo at hardy64:~/tmp/1$ bzr merge -r -2..-1 ../2
 M  asdf

^- By supplying '-r -2..-1' you are saying "merge everything in '-1'
that isn't in '-2'".

At the moment, we only record when a revision and all of its ancestry is
merged into the other branch.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (Cygwin)