[DRAFT][RFC] Migrating to rich roots

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Thu Apr 23 14:03:13 BST 2009

2009/4/22 Robert Collins <robert.collins at canonical.com>:
> So, to enable dogfooding dev6-rich-root we need to have our branches be
> rich roots.
>
> I'd like to propose that we start with a plugin - say bzrtools - first,
> to get any remaining issues with migrating out in the open and fixed.

That sounds good to me too.

We should also make a plan for Launchpad, MySQL, and other big users.
Obviously they'll have different timeframes and comfort levels.
Launchpad devs are keen to dogfood it as soon as bzrlib is merged into
their trunk (and maybe after we've started dogfooding ourselves.)

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>