Branching workflow question

Guy Gascoigne-Piggford guy at wyrdrune.com
Wed Apr 22 17:59:30 BST 2009

Well the odds are very high that both feature and dev branches might be
pretty long lived with multiple merges going back and forth, I've got used
to the habit of merging to the dev branch, tidying up, and then merging to
the feature branch.  After those changes are committed, I merge --pull to
the dev branch, and keep going.

Part of this is because whilst bzr makes creating new branches trivial,
pointing my dev tools (IntelliJ in this case) at a new branch takes what
seems like ages.

FYI bzr info says that we have ~24k files, 2771 versionsed directories and
2253 revisions.

Guy