Will re-basing support be added into Bazaar core ?

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Tue Apr 21 05:12:54 BST 2009

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull at sk.tsukuba.ac.jp> writes:

> I'm talking about git refs, specifically branch heads.  Bazaar tracks
> those, of course, but
>
> revid:steve at stephen-turnbulls-macbook-pro.local-20090420151627-l54jir6nb8j5st02
>
> is hardly what I'd call a *name*.

So what's the superior equivalent in Git? My research leads me to think
that you're referring to the SHA-1 identifiers.

If so, I would argue 40-character hexadecimal strings are no better (and
no worse) than a Bazaar revision-id like the above. What advantage are
you seeing in Git's SHA-1 “names” that aren't also had from a Bazaar
revision-id?

--
 \         “I got up the other day, and everything in my apartment has |
  `\   been stolen and replaced with an exact replica.” —Steven Wright |