Will re-basing support be added into Bazaar core ?

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Tue Apr 21 02:12:52 BST 2009

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen at xemacs.org> writes:

> Second, to the extent it's used in a deprecatory way, "altering
> history" confounds the history of the development process with the
> history of a *name*. If the VCS did a better job of tracking the name
> and avoided spurious conflicts in later merges, I bet people would
> hardly notice the reordering of commits.

You'll have to be more specific about what you mean by “name” there.
Bazaar already tracks a number of things by name; what new thing are you
expecting to be tracked by name that Bazaar isn't currently doing?

--
 \         “If life deals you lemons, why not go kill someone with the |
  `\     lemons (maybe by shoving them down his throat).” —Jack Handey |