Will re-basing support be added into Bazaar core ?

David Timothy Strauss david at fourkitchens.com
Mon Apr 20 09:58:28 BST 2009

----- "Russel Winder" <russel.winder at concertant.com> wrote:

> For me the issue is having all my changes on top of mainline as it is
> easier to manage both conceptually and when it comes time to commit
> from feature branch to mainline.

My concern with this argument is that keeping (read: rebasing) your changes on top of the history is not, in itself, an end. It is merely a means. I believe I've provided non-rebase workflows to achieve the ends you are currently using rebasing to achieve. If my workflows are unacceptable for usability/conceptual friendliness reasons, I'd like to understand why.