[MERGE/RFC] Userdoc Driven Design on the Bazaar 2.0 UI

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 17 12:01:07 BST 2009

Matt Doran wrote:
> Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
>> Matt Doran wrote:
>>> If you make implicit links between branches that are not completely
>>> obvious there will be pain!
>>
>> Agreed. The branch process should NOT be implicit about this. And it
>> should be possible to query a repository to get an idea of which
>> branches are using it.
>>
>> Mark
> Has anybody considered the option of using a shared repository
> automatically created in ~/.bzr/repository/.  It would be created by a
> branch or pull operations, etc.  The default would be to always use
> this, unless explicity asked for via a "bzr branch --standalone"
> option or something.
It's an interesting option (I think you mean ~/.bazaar/ though) and one
I'd like to see explored. It may even be useful just as a cache of
"starting points for branch operations", cases where a remote branch
could be accelerated by referencing a local cache even if we still
create a repo for the branch itself but populate it in part from the
local cache.

Mark