[MERGE/RFC] Userdoc Driven Design on the Bazaar 2.0 UI

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Thu Apr 16 16:11:33 BST 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 12:39:12AM -0400 I heard the voice of
Stefan Monnier, and lo! it spake thus:
> > The second case requires explicit linkage.  Well, there are two other
> > options.  One is a hard-defined location for The Repo in any given
> > environment.  "All your branches use ~/.bazaar/repo".  That sucks.
> > The other is a rule-defined location.  "Branch /x/y/z uses
> > ~/.bazaar/repo/x/y/z".  That sucks harder.  So explicit it is.  All
> > the aforementioned problems are inherited, and the fact that nobody
> > else does this suggests that it's may not be a fruitful or desirable
> > road to explore.
>
> Actually, IIUC, mtn does it this way.

No it doesn't.  mtn branches don't point at a repo and say "I'm in
there".  Branches are internal objects in the repo.  mtn's structure
is conceptually pretty much the same as bzr's "branch in a repo over
THERE, lightweight checkout over HERE" setup.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net