Naive questions re hard-linking repositories

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Apr 16 15:17:41 BST 2009

>> We could start to refuse "bzr branch" when the source is local and is
>> not using a shared repository (and add a "--sole" or "--force" argument
>> to override the check).

> Or, we could just print something like

> "copying content to new repository at %s"

> which would at least give a bit of a clue why it's taking so long and
> what you might do to avoid it; I think that would be easy and
> uncontroversial.

I think we want something stronger to make it clear that this is usually
an undesirable operation.

I also like Stephen's "--repo=<repofilename>" argument, so you can place
your repository at some standard place and then when you branch you just
explicitly say which repository to use for that branch (similarly to
what mtn does).

        Stefan