[MERGE/RFC] Userdoc Driven Design on the Bazaar 2.0 UI

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Thu Apr 16 00:56:28 BST 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 03:52:41PM +0100 I heard the voice of
James Westby, and lo! it spake thus:

>   kill "heavyweight checkout" forever. Use "bound branch"
>   instead.
>
> There seems to be one too many concepts overlapping there, so this
> could be a good chance to get rid of one. Perhaps "checkout" is the
> better model for explaining what is going on in a heavyweight
> checkout.

I've harped on this before, but what you want from a "bound branch"
and what you want from a "checkout" are subtly but importantly
different concepts.  What we have now as a [heavy] checkout is
something that almost, but not quite, does one, while almost, but not
quite, doing the other.  The solution is not really re-defining both
to be the current   :)

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net