The Jelmer "fork" of bzr.dev

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Fri Apr 10 21:07:25 BST 2009

Hi Russel,

Russel Winder wrote:
> I gave your "fork" of bzr.dev a whirl.   I am not sure whether it is any
> faster at accessing Subversion repositories because the user/passwords
> always have to be presented manually for https access; bzr.dev seems to
> use the stored values in ~/.subversion/auth/svn.simple.
>
> Can you revert your fork to the behaviour of bzr.dev which seems to use
> the authorities available automatically?

FWIW the behaviour in bzr.dev is *also* wrong, it just happens to not
prompt for usernames but silently fails. In this particular case that's
not a problem since your credentials are in ~/.subversion. However, if
you were using a repository for which you didn't have any credentials
stored in ~/.subversion then you would just get a "Permission denied error".

This should be fixed now in bzr.foreign, but in a different way.
bzr.foreign will now *always* check the Subversion credentials store and
if that doesn't work resort back to prompting the user.

Cheers,

Jelmer