bzr-svn: need help using 'dpush' instead of 'commit'

Russel Winder russel.winder at concertant.com
Wed Apr 8 15:40:08 BST 2009

Jelmer,

On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 13:07 +0200, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> Hi Russel,
>
> Russel Winder wrote:
> > BTW There is doubt about the future of dpush which brings into doubt the
> > future of Bazaar as a Subversion client that does not put Bazaar
> > metadata into the repository.
> This is not true, there has never been doubt about this. There has been
> some doubt about whether dpush was going to be a core command or a
> separate plugin ("bzr-dpush"), but removing it altogether has never been
> an option.

Apologies.  I let my irritation with the ordering of recent events
regarding dpush get in the way of a proper statement of intention.  Also
this morning was not a good morning for reasons I won't bore you with.

> dpush has recently been approved for inclusion in bzr itself
> (http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/project/bzr/request/%3C20090401230824.GA26200%40vernstok.nl%3E)

Splendid.  The sooner it reappears the happier those of us having to
suffer "Subversion as peer but not allowed Bazaar metadata, and don't
like using Git"  will be :-)

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP          t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,     f: +44 8700 516 084    voip:  sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
London SW11 1EN, UK.    m: +44 7770 465 077    xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk