upgrade bzr.dev to rich roots?

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Apr 8 01:09:15 BST 2009

So, I'd like to be dogfooding --development6-rich-root. The project I
write most code for is bzr, but we're not a rich-root using project.

So, I propose we upgrade bzr to rich roots.

This requires:
- a final decision about what root id entries to create [John proposed
   reevaluating the current converter a week or so back].
- testing and making sure we can successfully upgrade stacked branches
   to rich-root. [e.g. by unstacking then upgrading, or whatever]
- some coordination about when we are doing the upgrade, so that people
   can upgrade their stacked branches beforehand.
- do the upgrade [backup the trunk repo so people that upgrade stacked
branches late can still do so, and run bzr upgrade --1.9-rich-root.

-Rob