Submitting PQM request to someone's public_branch?

Bob Tanner tanner at real-time.com
Tue Apr 7 21:18:59 BST 2009

Is there a simple way to pqm-submit someone's public_branch?

Right now, I'm editing my ~/.bazaar/locations.conf and setting up
entries like this:

[/home/tanner/projects/bzr/bzr.1.14]
pqm_email = Canonical PQM <pqm at bazaar-vcs.org>
submit_branch = http://bazaar-vcs.org/bzr/bzr.1.14
public_branch = lp:~tanner/bzr/1.14rc1
submit_to = bazaar at lists.canonical.com
smtp_server = mail.real-time.com:25

Now, if I want to merge in (for example) vila's branch via pqm, I'd do

[/home/tanner/projects/bzr/bzr.1.14]
pqm_email = Canonical PQM <pqm at bazaar-vcs.org>
submit_branch = http://bazaar-vcs.org/bzr/bzr.1.14
public_branch = lp:~vila/bzr/1.14
submit_to = bazaar at lists.canonical.com
smtp_server = mail.real-time.com:25

This is working, but seem convoluted.  To me [/home/tanner/projects/
bzr/bzr.1.14] doesn't have anything to do with lp:~vila/bzr/1.14 but
it's the only way I could get pqm-submit to work.

I guess I could merge public_branches into my branch and then just
submit my branch, is that the proper way to do things?

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>                 | Phone : 952-943-8700
http://www.real-time.com, Linux, OSX, VMware | Fax      : 952-943-8500