[MERGE][1.14][355273] Fix OSX test failures

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Mon Apr 6 20:56:02 BST 2009

>>>>> "jfroy" == Jean-Francois Roy <bahamut at macstorm.org> writes:

    jfroy> I think it's incorrect to blanket disable those tests on Mac OS
    jfroy> X. You  should verify that the root filesystem or whichever it is
    jfroy> you are  running the tests on is case insensitive or not. Mac OS
    jfroy> X Server  defaults to case sensitive HFS+ for example, and Apple
    jfroy> has announced  that they would be shipping ZFS in the next
    jfroy> release of Mac OS X Server.

And the same can be said about mounted file systems, we know
that, I even update a comment about that in that patch.

    jfroy> Possibly, a better solution would be to expand the test suite
    jfroy> driver  to create a temporary test file system using the disk
    jfroy> image facilities  in the OS. I may look at contributing that
    jfroy> patch sometime in the future.

Yeah ! Patches welcome :-)

        Vincent