[MERGE] dpush / foreign vcs testing

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at vernstok.nl
Sat Apr 4 03:13:57 BST 2009

Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> I would expect this to be an option for ‘push’. Suggestions:
>>     ‘push --foreign-clean’
>> or
>>     ‘push --foreign-only’
>>

> I'm not sure if I understand correctly what it does, but isn't it the
> case that it takes the state at the tip of the branch and commits it to
> some other branch (in the case og bzr-svn, it's a foreign branch),
> losing all the metadata along the way?
>
> If so, it's as much a "push" as a "commit".

It pushes it each individual revision that is missing from the remote
branch; it does not just take a snapshot of the last revision and
commits that. The sort of metadata it loses for bzr-svn are: committer,
revision properties, file ids, revision id, parent ids (unless they
exist in svn already in which case svn:mergeinfo is set).

Cheers,

Jelmer