[MERGE] dpush / foreign vcs testing

Brian de Alwis bsd at cs.ubc.ca
Fri Apr 3 17:43:47 BST 2009

On 3-Apr-2009, at 8:34 AM, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> Ben Finney wrote:
>> I don't get a vote, but the name is meaningless to me. Before
>> someone decides to approve it, can it be improved with a name that
>> actually helps understand what the command does?
> Can you suggest a better name? I agree the current name is not very
> clear, but I can't think of anything that covers what it does better.

A few suggestions: "divorced", "disassociated", "disjoint",
"dismembered".

And it seems that this style of push could be generally useful for
DVCS.  At least it would seem to match the semantics of Ian's
cherrypicking BBC changes to avoid a merge carrying across now-useless
exploratory code.

Brian.

--
"Amusement to an observing mind is study." - Benjamin Disraeli