[MERGE] dpush / foreign vcs testing

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at vernstok.nl
Fri Apr 3 15:34:16 BST 2009

Ben Finney wrote:
> Aaron Bentley <aaron at aaronbentley.com> writes:
>

>> The reason I abstain is that, at a gut level, I don't like the
>> purpose of this command, so I don't think it belongs in core. (Is
>> the d short for "destructive"? It seems like it could be.)
>>

> I don't get a vote, but the name is meaningless to me. Before someone
> decides to approve it, can it be improved with a name that actually
> helps understand what the command does?
Can you suggest a better name? I agree the current name is not very
clear, but I can't think of anything that covers what it does better.

dpush pushes into a foreign vcs but without storing bzr semantics that
can't be represented in the remote system. So in the case of bzr-svn it
doesn't set any bzr-specific revision or file properties. In the case of
git it for example doesn't store any rename information.

Cheers,

Jelmer