New 1.14 RC date?

David Muir david at davidkmuir.com
Fri Apr 3 12:45:33 BST 2009

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Andrew Bennetts writes:
>  > Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>  > > Andrew Bennetts writes:
>  > >
>  > >  > However, I don't think it should be left out merely because it is a
>  > >  > beta-quality format.
>  > >
>  > > "Beta-quality" is irrelevant.  It's *just* *not* *ready*.  That's why
>  > > more time was requested, no?
>  >
>  > "Ready" for what?
>
> It's not ready for release.  Period.  No "for whats" about it.  If it
> *is* ready, you Just Do It.  If you ask for a delay, it's because
> you're not ready.  What's so hard to understand about that?

If I understood correctly, the delay is because of Easter and nothing to
do with things not being "ready".

Overall though, I agree that beta quality code should be going to
bzr.dev. People who want to use the latest code and or try out features
still under development would and should be going there. People who
download a normal release would not expect to see a feature under
development available to them. People who use bzr.dev however would (by
definition :-) ). They're also the ones that aren't going to jump up and
down complaining that bzr ate their code.

David